Completed in 2009, this 22 storey, 695,000 square foot concrete structure houses Manitoba Hydro’s Head Office in Downtown Winnipeg.
Designed with sustainable principles, the project achieved LEED Platinum certification in May of 2012. Some of the unique aspects of the building include:
• A geothermal field under the parking structure for heating and cooling capacity.
• Six storey atriums that provide preheating of natural ventilation air.
• 112 m solar chimney that draws natural ventilation through the building using stack effect.
• Exposed concrete elements for thermal mass and radiant slab heating/cooling.
• Large spans to facilitate flexibility in space use.
• Large floor to floor dimensions for more natural day lighting.
Crosier Kilgour participated in the IDP (Integrated Design Process), providing structural design services and structural contract documents, to facilitate a fast track approach to the construction of the building.